Saturday, July 12, 2008

A Little Food

I know - it's been a morosely long time since my last post - I can tell you've missed me --- What can I say? I've been busy *grin* --- and I had even promised you an easy dinner recipe for your family.

Here:
  • boil some 3 cheese tortellini according to package directions (drain water)
  • toss in half a package of cooked cubed ham and 1 1/2 cups broccoli flowerettes
  • add half a bottle (more or less) of Ranch dressing, and vwah-lah! Ooh la la!
Dinner.

Add the pie from my last post and you've covered all the major food groups. I think my son said, "Oh, wow, Mom" and my husband said, "Oh, wow, Chick" and the others? Well, they really didn't eat it. So, you decide for your own family. (I l.o.v.e. it! So that gives me a 50% approval rating - more than the prez and congress combined!)

So, a little food for your belly. Now a little food for your soul.
Sometimes at night, I'll ask God for just a little more energy to read 'some'thing in the Bible. The other night, I asked - and even asked that with the extra minutes awake that night, that He would bless me by them the next day.

I opened my Bible. To Ecclesiastes. Solomon's wise findings regarding the meaning of life. Or rather, life's meaninglessness. Until this verse:
(Ecc. 3:22) So I saw that there is nothing better for a man than to enjoy his work, because that is his lot...

I hear you God. Enough of the "I'm so tired" (even though the baby's up at 5:00 or I ran 9 miles today or...No. Not even that.) Enough checking off the days. Enough sighing over another maintenance person knocking on the door (Day #...I dunno anymore... without our fridge) or another spill on the floor or another bath or another...

This assignment is God-given. As are the rewards. God has a purpose for my life. May I (and you!) live it joyfully.

edited to add: Lest you think this post resembles other reminders I have made to myself recently, yes. It is true. I need repeated reminders that I Can. Do. This. Every day anew. Sorry, God. But, thank you for your constant flow of perfect verses from your very breath - The Bible.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...