Monday, December 21, 2009

In the quiet hour



It's 1:00 A.M.

And I'm loving that the house is quiet.
Finally.

No more Monday Night Football.
No more voices asking for one more drink.
No more, "NO!" coming from my 2 year-old.
No more boys screaming and laughing as they pretend to be reindeer.
No more girls laughing and calling as they pretend to be Santa and elf.
No more whirring of the sewing machine.
No more stampeding of four pairs of feet.
No more dinner to fix.
No more boo boo packs and negotiations.

Quiet.

And in the quiet, I can love all those things. And I can enjoy the peace that comes now.
I can love the Santa purses we finally finished tonite.



I can love the photos that are edited, printed, displayed, and ready for school.



I can love the light reflecting on presents wrapped in all red papers.



I can love the magazine that inspires me.


And I can sleep. Heavenly sleep.

It's now after 1:00 A.M.
'Night world.


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...