Thursday, July 29, 2010

Cramming

I'm not sure what's gotten into this family suddenly.  But we evidently see the light at the end of the summer beaming through yonder window and have decided to cram everything in to these final days! 

Sash and I made a paper chain to count the days until school starts - not because we're ready to count down the days, but because I don't want to have to explain to her every day for the next 20+ days that today is NOT the day she gets to wear her backpack to school.  All I have to do instead is point to the chain.  It ain't gone, so you don't have school.  Yet.  But that first day of pre-school will definitely get interesting, I'm thinking.  Well, the first day will be fine.  I'm actually talking about the second, third, and fourth days.  Those are the days she's going to realize Mommy LEAVES me here...

Anyway, this week we traveled to Lincoln's law offices and home in Springfield, IL, (also home to The Cozy Dog ~ a Route 66 legend), and we took our first float trip.  I'm exhausted.  I don't even know why I am still online.  {OK, it might possibly be because lying on my back causes the lobster skin to peel...}  I'll share more photos later.  I killed my POS camera in a crappy environmentally friendly ziploc bag today while floating down the river (you know - 20% less plastic.  Water seeps in.  But it can't get out.  ... those crappy environmentally friendly bags), so we have to wait for it to dry out for pictures from the float trip.   I pray.

In the meantime, here's one of Lincoln.



'Night!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...