Friday, May 1, 2009

The Big Reveal

Several months ago, I read an interesting post on The Nester's blog. The notion of making your own bedroom rival one you'd enjoy at a Bed & Breakfast instantly inspired me. I contemplated focusing the bedroom on us as a couple and threw out my previous idea of plastering our walls with photos of our children.

(see the lamp I scored at a recent garage sale?
It's gorgeous hand blown glass and looks lovely on our tablescape!)

I think all the hours of watching design shows, poring over websites, and polling you all have culminated in a beautiful 'master suite' (as they say on HGTV). This was the first room in our house that I have honest-to-goodness accessorized from top to bottom - and tonite, after hanging the curtains, Hubby turned to me and whispered those three coveted words:

It looks nice.

I nearly swooned when he even noted that my future plans to purchase a mahogany bamboo shade for the window would, "Draw in all the chocolate colors you have." {Spoken like a true convert (who's completely ~ OK, halfly ~ given in to his wife's incessant demands to un-college-dormroom-ize our home)}.

(before)

(after)

(half-way before --- I'd tried an old comforter set before purchasing the new one...)

(after)


The Final Picture:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...