Saturday, May 14, 2011

Enjoying the Ride...I think.

Pookie took a shot at The Botanical Garden
By tomorrow at 10:00, May will be finished.

Shocking, I know.

Considering it's the 14th.

Next year, I'm boycotting May.

Again.  Shocking.

But May is crazy.  Seriously.  Like hold-onto-your-seats-and-enjoy-the-ride crazy!

“Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved piece, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ‑‑WOW ‑‑ WHAT A RIDE!”

Here's what we've been up to since I last wrote...

Third grade field trip.  I wasn't sure I would make it.  Then my sweet, sweet friend swooped in and watched Sashi for me and I hung out with one of my (other) favorite girls for the morning.

And then that same friend baked me a birthday cake.  Cuz she's awesome like that.  (And it was my birthday!)  The cake was amazing!!!

my birthday lunch.  Y.U.M.!
Spirit week at school.  One day it was, "Mom!  Can you give me 'crazy hair?'"  The next it was, "Can you make me look like a carnival clown?"


Big, very large, gigantickly huge trucks came to tear up my grass and leave this as my backyard.  And now it's raining.  And raining.  And raining.  Fun.



Final strings performance of the year for Pooks and Mr. T. 



Someone decided she wanted to audition for the big time and needed sheet music and a head shot.  Her audition was this morning and she'll know by late Friday.  We left the building with a smile on her face, so it was a win, no matter what.


And someone else has a birthday.  He invited his favorite friends and the decibel level skyrocketed in our house for about 12 hours.  Good grief 5 six and seven year-olds can be rowdy.  But, evidently he enjoyed himself:


Today, in addition to the final hours of the sleepover plus a musical theatre audition, we also enjoyed the school parade and picnic...

This may be my favorite photo ever.
 ...and Meiners' family party. 

Yes.  That IS a bag on Pookie's head. 
No.  I do not know why.

Tomorrow, a 5K run, and then I crash.  And my May is over.  The rest is coasting in to summer.

Aaaaaah, summer. 

Wait.
Did I mention Daddy was in Dallas all week?

Seriously? 

Crazy.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...