Thursday, September 10, 2009

To Become More

I am reading this:


Lysa writes:

If Satan can use our everyday experiences, both big and small, to cripple our true identity, then he renders God's people totally ineffective for the kingdom of Christ.

Further,

Satan delights in our feelings of inadequacy. He wants to help us stay there. He wants us to go to Bible study, learn the deep truths of God, leave all encouraged, and then come home and have a complete meltdown over [________fill in your personal blank______] ...

..."Why doesn't Jesus work for me?" is never the right question. Instead, when our circumstances shift and we feel we fall short, we should ask, "How can I see Jesus even in this?"

Our circumstances are not our identity.


There's so much more to uncover in this book - I'm thrilled it came so quickly when I ordered it through the Proverbs 31 Ministry! I'll keep you posted as to what else I learn! (Or, you can buy it too and we'll have a wonderful discussion!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...