Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Looking for Spring

When I was a kid, my mom would take us out driving in the country at the end of every winter looking for green grass along the roadside. Signs of spring and hope springs eternal, etc., etc. {My mom is a serious warm weather nut.} I look forward to spring nowadays, too.

I haven't experienced much motivation to find spring around me this year, though. Some years, the ducks and the bunnies come out right after February's pinks and reds get packed away. Just not this year. This year ducks and bunnies seem too cutesie - although I think I've done them without being too cutesie in the past. This year, though, I sought something...different.

Layla, from The Lettered Cottage, showed off her inexpensive-yet-beautiful mantel on Monday. It set me in motion. Although I wanted to go out and buy myself some cheapo pitchers and some spray paint, I merely descended the basement stairs and searched my stash (a.k.a. Shopping the House - Nester-style!). Total cost = $0. (Good thing, cuz that dern envelope's empty again until morning...and then PARTAY...but I digress...)

It's not Lettered Cottage good. But it makes me smile. And I guess that's the point.


Thanks, Layla!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...