Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Peace I Give to You


Today I am writing about what God has done for me. So that I might share with my children the miracles God has done in my life.

To tell you the truth, the first time I remember calling out to God on a real level and feeling Him surround me was in college. I was a perfectionist...was? In many ways I still am, I guess. But that doesn't include housekeeping...

Regardless, I have a friend who remembers to this day that my mother used to offer to buy me a Coke if I would allow myself some breathing room of sorts - a bad grade. I never got one --- the soda or the bad grade, I don't think. I would stay up and study and fret and wring my hands and worry and take the test with knots in my stomach. Always.

One day, I recall sitting at the small desk, waiting for the test to be handed to me, and I prayed. "God, I feel like I have done all I can to prepare for this. Will you just help me finish?" I remember feeling a sudden surge of peace. Instead of the typical anxiety and worry and fear, trying to fly the plane solo, I let God pilot and I felt utter peace.

From that day forward, I began to pray before every test. Sure - I still prepared to the best of my ability. But when it came time to take the test, I prayed God would be there to help me finish ~ and the anxiety was washed away.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...