Monday, June 21, 2010

Tell Me What God Has Done


This summer, I am privileged to be a part of a group of women who've purposed to study a Bible passage daily and to share the verse and its impact via email. We meet during the school year face to face, but know that it's more difficult to do so over the summer. Our daily 'meetings' - email threads - have already been encouraging, uplifting, honest, hopeful and helpful. I am loving it. Our daily devotionals have also helped us be more accountable to daily Bible study.

My personal study has been driven by a devotional by Lysa TerKeurst titled Am I Messing Up My Kids (...and Other Questions Every Mom Asks). This book is wonderful! Today's chapter 'What Is the Secret to Not Freaking Out' led me to Deuteronomy 4:9, which states:
Only be careful, and watch yourselves closely so that you do not forget the things you eyes have seen or let them slip from your heart as long as you live. Teach them to your children and to their children after them.
Do you do this? Do you share with your children about the miracles God has done for you - or how He has helped you? For us, the obvious one is helping us get through the trials of health issues for our kids. But it's not as though those days, weeks, months - years ago - were it. Like, God showed up for a few surgeries and now He's in the backseat. I read a billboard recently that said, "If God is your copilot, change seats."

No, in fact, He's there every moment. So, when given the task of recalling what God has done for me - why do I have to sit, focus, and ponder. It should just Be. A brag vest wrapped around my shoulders with vivid felt and miriad patches where I point and say, "Here's where God ____ ."

So - here's to a blog series of sorts. Where I sit and write to my children what God has done. So that I can sit at the table and drive in the van and brush hair and lounge on the couch - and tell them story upon story at the ready about what God has done for Us.

See you tomorrow!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...