Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Just think.

 

This morning...
  • I made three extra trips to bring a backpack, a library book, and medicine to school.  And to think, I could have been in Hawaii.
  • I spent 3 hours shopping at Walmart with a 3 year-old.  And to think, I could have been in Hawaii.
  • I answered three calls from the school nurse.  And to think, I could have been in Hawaii.
  • I fielded a phone call from the principal over a playground scuffle.  And to think, I could have been in Hawaii.
  • I came home to find the dog chewing trash on the floor.  And to think, I could have been in Hawaii.

 
new card line I found at WalMart called 'Connections from Hallmark ~ Saturdays' --- HUHlarious.

 
This afternoon...
  • I ran up and down 2 miles of steep hills while pushing 50 pounds.  And to think, I could have been in Hawaii.
  • I scheduled a mammogram to diagnose a lump.  And to think, I could have been in Hawaii.
  • I said, "Don't break your arm," as she fell from the swing and probably broke it.  And to think, I could have been in Hawaii.
  • she fell and scuffed her nose and her knee while leaving the park.  And to think, I could ahve been in Hawaii.
  • a gray hair nearly hit us while passing through an intersection in rush hour - and HE gave ME the finger.  And to think;  I COULD HAVE BEEN IN HAWAII!
Today I am grateful...
  • to live close to a school with a wonderful nurse and a compassionate principal.
  • to have time and money to shop for the things my family needs.
  • to have a vacuum.
  • to be capable of running while my toddler naps.
  • for my health and our insurance.  
  • for their health and our insurance.
  • for the horn on my van and restraint on my lips.
  • that we are rescheduled to make our trip to Hawaii!

Praise God!

 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...