Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Pretty Betty Makes Cupcakes

Man did we have a great night tonite.  I knew in December that about 6 weeks of Life were going to get craZy right after Christmas due to extracurricular schedules, but jeez-oh has it surpassed my worst expectations!  Tonite was the first night we've been in all night since the beginning January.  And not all of us were here - Meiners was out to dinner with The Grands and The Man had a business dinner.  But the rest of us?  The rest of us pulled up a chair and made homemade corn bread, finished long overdue homework assignments, and even got some multiplication drills in.  We (and by that I mean the kids) vacuumed and dusted and cleaned the bathrooms.  We (and by that I mean I) folded countless baskets of laundry...
It was a great night.

Only one thing was missing.  Cupcakes.  Seriously.  I have a longterm love affair with small cups of chocolate goodness.  I travel far and wide to enjoy an uncommon cake in a paper coiffe.  Last night I didn't travel far at all, however.  In fact - I visited my extra fridge in the basement and devoured the final cupcake from my baking extravaganza last week.  I enjoyed it so much I not only took pictures of it, I thought I would share the recipe with you here.  So, be-bop over and load up on milk.  Because these babies aren't for the faint of heart.  These cupcakes are for chocolate lovers.  I just wish I hadn't let The Man have that strawberry frosted one last night.  Cuz then I could've topped off a perfect night tonite...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...