Monday, April 6, 2009

Challenging

Photographing four year-olds is challenging. Well, at least photographing my four year-old is! He's sporting a new haircut - the shortest his hair has been since he was knee high to a grasshopper.


Meiners is a bit of a ... a wave rider. He goes with the flow. He does things his own way. Skater cuts have always suited him just fine. Not just his personality, but those ears and that high forhead dictated such style.

But, recently, he's made a little friend in preschool. And his friend is bald. Meiners decided he, too, wanted to be bald. I denied the request. But, I did allow the skater look to be altered. After-all, you're only four once. And, eventually, Mom has to relinquish control and let the kid make up his own mind (as if I have a choice with this kid...)


So, in an effort to unveil his new look, I decided to capitalize on the good lighting coming through yonder window. And Meiners informed me I had permission to photograph his foot.


"Look, Mom. I can hold this thing on my nose."

OK, maybe a kissy face.


Perhaps a tickle would, you know, tickle a smile out of him?


Evidently, the papparazzo got to be too much for him, though.


Here's the best I could do.


And don't even get me started on photographing a one year-old...


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...