Wednesday, March 25, 2009

My Strength

Sometimes I wonder how easy it must be to not be a believer. I mean, isn't it easier to not believe that a baby - half human and half God - was born to a virgin, and that a man - half man and half God - walked on the earth and was killed and three days later was found walking on the earth again? Isn't it just easier to not believe this message? Perhaps it's easier to just believe Jesus was a good person. Perhaps He was just a prophet or a healer or a magician. Isn't that easier to believe? I mean, maybe believers are just a little off-kilter as certain TV shows would portray them. Fanatics. Just a little bit crazy. Or a lot crazy.

Wouldn't it just be easier not to believe?

But then I look at moments of my life, especially some otherwise very typical, mundane, in fact, moments recently when I have fallen flat on my face with the realization that there is a God. And He knows me. And He knows my heart. And the hairs on my head. And how many of them are gray. And the number of my days. And He not only knows this about me. But He knows this about every person out there. Whether they believe in Him. Or not.

And I just can't imagine not holding onto Him to get through my days. Even the most mundane ones. The good ones. The bad ones. The long ones. The short ones. He is there. Where would I be if He wasn't there? I'd be lost. I'd be worm food. Is that the legacy I want to leave to my beloved children? "Honey, you are worm food. Just like me. Just like my mama and her mama and her mama before her." That is Lost. Thank God there is more to life than that. God knows my heart. He knows where I am. He plays music for me. Just for me. He finds friends for me. At just the right times. He allows me to be tested. And He allows me to fall. And to be caught. Because He has plans for me.

I can't imagine falling without knowing Who will catch me. I can't imagine living life without Faith that He was born to a virgin. That He was crucified, died, and was buried. That on the third day He rose. That He has ascended into Heaven and sits at the right hand of My Father. I can't imagine life without Him.

I just can't imagine life without His Strength. It is not by my own strength that I manage my way through this life. Quite honestly, I prove to myself on a daily basis that I am unable to manage my life on my own. Is it blindness by which I move? Is it craziness to believe in the unseen?

No. I have seen. For certain I have seen the glory of the presence of the Lord. Indeed. Without Him, I would be blind. Without Him, I would be crazy. But with Him, all things are possible. And I thank Him for giving me the Faith that this life requires. He is where my strength comes from.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...