Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Hallelujah!

Do you hear that?  Do you just ...barely...hear that sound?  Of angels singing?  I hear them.  I do!  Hallelujah!  My kids ate some real food!  The angels sing, "Do. you. see. her-kids eating fo--oo--oo---ood..."  You know - like "And He shall reign for-ever and eeehh--ver!"

I hear it.
Do you hear it, too?

Over the weekend, we saw some real success with The Everyday Food Challenge.  I made porkchops with fresh pineapple (jerk pineapple pork chops, pg.18), pineapple and black bean salsa, pg. 22 (hubby, who does not eat beans, said the black beans tasted, "...creamy.  And [the salsa was] kind of good..."!!!), and sweet-pepper rice with sausage, pg.74 (I undercooked the rice, so I won't hold that against anyone).  It was uplifting to make meals that - for the most part - were consumed without distress, duress, or coercion (never mind that my pickiest eater was gone to a friend's half the weekend...).  I think these three recipes will all be repeaters!  (The salsa, especially, was a surprising yumOH!)


And speaking of repeaters and yumOH!  I'll definitely have you all over the next time I serve banana-caramel napoleans (pg 107).  Talk about hearing the angels sing.  That dessert tasted divine!

Btw, I'm not being paid by any big, fancy, multi-million dollar cookbook author to say any of this stuff.  So, maybe it begs the question ~ why are you really doing this, Karin?  Why are you putting yourself through all of these recipes?  I'll be back to explain more tomorrow...
kJ
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...