Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Mother of the Year Makes Yummy Grub

Yeah. One of those days. One of those. My husband asked me in turn at the dinner table, after listening to each of the kids recount the events of their day, how my day had gone.

Oh Lord Have Mercy! I exclaimed. It was a day that I dare not even describe.

So, as is the case for all things Daddy, he made us all laugh by then asking Baby S how her day was. And in a high pitched baby-esque voice, he exclaimed on her behalf:

Oh, Lord Have Mercy!

That is, if the child could talk. Instead of screaming and hitting and throwing things and pulling hair and scratching and yanking things out of cabinets if she doesn't get the answer she seeks. Oh, understand, she does. Talk, she does not. Doctor (or Speech Pathologist, in my case), Heal thy own child. So, Meiners and I began a little therapy with Little Miss Princess this morning (although Meiners isn't aware of the fact that he's therapeuting his baby sister...)

*sigh*

Not sleeping through the night. Throwing tantrums the likes of which NONE of my children have ever dared. Yes, dared, I say.


But tonite, I evidently redeemed myself. I made these:


And even my pickiest eater ate the whole thing!!!
Want the recipe? Here it is:
(Taken from the St. Louis Days / St. Louis Nights Jr. League cookbook, 1998)

Savory Crescent Chicken Squares
1 3-ounce package cream cheese, softened
2 tablespoons butter, softened
2 cups cooked chicken breast, cubed
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
2 tablespoons milk
1 tablespoon parsely
1 tablespoon chopped onion
1 8-ounce package refrigerated crescent rolls
melted butter
bread crumbs (I used crackers...)

  • blend cream cheese and butter
  • add chicken, salt, pepper, milk, parsley, and onion
  • spearate crescent rolls into 4 rectangles; seal perforations
  • spoon chicken mixture into center of rectangle; pull up 4 corners
  • brush on melted butter; place squares on baking sheet
  • sprinkle with bread crumbs
  • bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown

Love you all.

Off to read some advice from The Word on how to handle wayward children. And impatient moms.

'Night.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...