Saturday, September 20, 2008

Shake the Dust Off Your Sandals

I've had kind of a crummy week.

Some of you may have noticed I wrote a post late Thursday night and pulled it down Friday morning. I pulled it because Gramma2Many is planning her trip to Africa with Msoshi. I sat at my computer Friday morning and realized there are so many more important things in life. God gives His time to us no matter how 'insignificant' our 'problems' may be, but I'm focusing my prayers on Gramma and my friends like her. Life is too short not to see the forest for the trees.

Shortly after I pulled the post, I shared an awesome phone call with one of my best friends. She, too, helped me. (THANK YOU, P.S.!!!) She helped me remember what a friend is. Here's what I know: A friend is there when you have a crisis. And she stands up for you even when you aren't standing right next to her. I was reminded of Sissy's post about friends. I don't need to be everything to everyone. I need to mean something to someone.

I am a fairly transparent person. I am an imperfect person saved by the Grace of God. My profile rings so true about me --- I am constantly trying to be better. And boy, some days I really soar. And other days...I am thankful I have a forgiving God.

So, I'm shaking the dust off my sandals. And I'm moving on. (Mark 6:11) Thanks, Mom!
God Bless!

See ya again soon!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...