Thursday, June 30, 2011

Friends are Friends Forever

I am so fortunate to have visited three lifelong friends over the last year whom I had not seen individually or collectively for years.  I am so fortunate to have people in my life who I consider lifelong friends

Recently, my friend Cherrie - my friend since 7th grade - posted this quote on her Facebook wall:
everlasting friends go long periods of time without speaking and never question their friendship. These friends pick up like they just spoke yesterday, regardless of how long it has been or how far away they live, and they don't hold grudges. They understand that life is busy… and… you will ALWAYS love them.

This week I reunited with another friend - from college - whom I hadn't seen since her oldest (now 11) was a newborn. And the meeting was pristine.



First, the best part of the photo above is the cropped portion:

(our two 9 year-olds searching for snails in the mulch!)

Then, Kathleen suggested Yogurtini - which is basically a frozen yogurt bar {YUM!}.  With dozens (let's call it a quillion) flavor choices and endless topping choices (YUM times a quillion!).  I had to squelch a few Littles from putting me in the poorhouse with all their sugar-in-a-bowl (you pay by the ounce)!

not too sugary-sweet


truthfully only missing the kitchen sink
And finally, just talking, and catching up, and letting the kids run around and get to know each other...was a tangible reminder that this is what life is about: connections.  There's a reason that we go through what we do and we know who we know and our paths and lives are entertwined the way they are.  Once or a million times.  The people in our lives matter.

And sometimes?  Sometimes we are blessed to have Friends - who are friends Forever.



Just for fun...
snail races, of course
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...