Monday, June 20, 2011

Just for Fun

Last week I sat at the deck table taking in the sights of the kids enjoying the pool when a pesky mosquito landed on my arm.  And then ran up it.  Which is atypical of a mosquito - who usually land {bite you} and then fly off, right?  Can they even run?

Imagine my surprise when I instead discovered my pesky mosquito was the world's tiniest preying mantis.  Here, see for yourself!

See him there? 


Closer?


He was the funniest little guy you could ever imagine.  I'm not kidding when I tell you he did the absolute funniest little dance - complete with hip waves and head snaps.  Too awesome.  I loved it.  I called Pooks over and we enjoyed snapping a dozen pictures of this spirited little guy.  Before he disappeared as quickly as he'd arrived.

God's creations are truly remarkable.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...