Thursday, July 30, 2009

When God Already Knows

(edited slightly)


My recent early morning moments of reflection brought me to realize that the Joy I seek is in the details. Maybe lovely. Maybe messy. But thrown together and mixed up in a big ol' pot of goodness. That's Life. And the blessing is in realizing it.

As I've studied the Bible, I've found myself also wrapped like a blanket in the timely words of A Mother's Book of Secrets. Linda Eyre writes:



When you are "in the fire," it is sometimes hard to recognize the value of what you are learning. But the day-by-day refining process, the problem solving, crisis resolution, mental stretching, mess clean-ups, sleep deprivation, and loving more than you ever thought possible truly make you into a smart, aware, beautifully refined individual.

The great secret is appreciating the refined person you are becoming in your trials.


So, today I marvel in the preparation that God gave me for today. Because yesterday I found myself in the hospital ER with my youngest. My healthiest baby. And within hours, she lay on the operating room table, awaiting the removal of her perforated appendix. At that moment, I saw that God knew what I was going to need well before I would know. I am lucky to see the beauty in the today. The knowledge that He cares for us and takes care of us in both amazing and small ways.

I will post more, but for now, this is enough.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...