Saturday, January 3, 2009

To Tell the Truth

OK, in all actuality, as my friend Frizzy said, I really am the one who makes New Year's Resolutions and then sticks to them...well, except for that one year in college when I promised to run every day and then an ice storm struck our tiny rural-but-college town...

One year, I vowed to write monthly letters to all my friends for the whole year. We played Whoonu the other night with the kids and I had to decide whether I enjoyed ketchup or writing letters more. (Have you ever played that game?? It's a ton of fun! We've enjoyed it since receiving it this Christmas!) Yes, in the spirit of being honest, I said ketchup above writing, but letters was a close runner-up, believe me. And I stuck to that promise of sending monthly mail via the USPS that year.

And last year, I resolved to finish a half-marathon. I ran 13.1 consecutive miles exactly three times in 2008.

So, this year, I stated that "I will follow through more." That's not actually my goal for this year - even though it made a catchy New Year's Day post, didn't it? Complete with a contest and everything. Which, by the way, since I have NEVER done a blog contest before (except trying - among 1,100+ other players - to win an HP-something or other from Pioneer Woman on New Year's Eve...but, again, another story for another post...) I forgot to give you all a deadline to enter my rip-roarin' pay-it-forward contest. I'll leave it open until Friday the 9th! (Go, now, comment to sign up!)

No, my resoluted word of the year - 2009 - is Organization. I truly feel that if I knew where my head was last seen at any given time, the rest of me would know where it was, too, and I'd be a happier lass (with a whole lot more follow through...). So, my sweet husband, who's been on 'vacation' for two weeks, has been placing his sweat equity into this little gem of a room...

Together, we hope that my trial at organization will last...but, in the meantime, I have a laundry room now that is "off the hook" --- if I'm any good at follow through, you can rest assured that by tomorrow night, you'll be able to see the organizational makeover right here on this blog. Stay tuned, you all! It's going to be BE-AUTIFUL! I can't wait!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...