Thursday, January 1, 2009

Resolve

On December 11, 2008, my good friend Gramma to Many continued an exchange of sorts called "Pay It Forward," based on the movie. It's a favorite. I couldn't pass up the offer. However, there were strings. (See the picture - strings, I tell you...) First, I had to comment, then grab the picture, then post these words:

This Exchange is only open to those with active websites or blogs. ALL YOU HAVE TO DO IS PROMISE TO POST THE SAME PAY IT FORWARD PICTURE AND THIS MESSAGE ONTO YOUR BLOG, WHICH MUST BE ACTIVE IN ORDER TO PLAY. YOU WILL PAY IT FORWARD TO THREE PEOPLE WHO COMMENT ON YOUR BLOG.

And then, await a gift in the mail and plan gifts for three more lucky girls (or guys - I don't discriminate...). It's all perfectly easy, right? I mean, copy a picture, save it, post it, right a pithy story and bask in the glory of your creation. Easy.

But see, I have follow through issues. I would never make it on the pro golf circuit. Or tennis. Or any sort of sport, really. (Follow through...get it? Get it? Oh never mind.) I remember when my high school gym teacher coached me from the sidelines of a friendly game of softball. I stood at the plate, two strikes against me - for this time up...I think I struck out every time I batted. But this last pitch, this last at-bat of the day, she encouraged me to "think like it's a note - a musical note! And just hit the daylights out of it!" Now that kind of terminology, I comprehend.

So, here I stand, or sit, whatever - on the dawn of a new year: 2009. And I resolve to follow through. I'm posting the picture - it wasn't that hard, actually! I posted the words (SO easy to play along!). I already have my gifts planned (I hope my 3 PIF winners LOVE them!!!). And, apparently, I'm awaiting my gift (Gramma's daughter threatens to confiscate my blanket if I score bigger than she in the gift department...Yikes!)

:)

Ladies, Pookie and I will draw 3 names from any comments left on this post and you will receive a gift within the new year (no worries - WELL before 2010, I PROMISE!). Just play along, post the picture and the words and pay it forward, as well!
Looking forward to seeing who wants to play! [And don't worry - if you don't wanna play (or have already!) just tell me in the comments! I read 'em, every one, so I'll take you out of the running if necessary! So don't make me mad, either. *cough* ahem, I mean - Play On!]
Oh! And do you wanna know how the softball game ended?!

Well, that's a story for a different post, now, isn't it?
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...